Ikes Christmas Tree Sale by the Floyd County Chapter Izaak Walton League, 702 South Main St., 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
Saturday, Nov. 28
Charles City Community Blood Drive from 8 a.m. to noon at Messiah Lutheran Church, 705 3rd Ave.; appointment required by registering at lifeservebloodcenter.org or calling 800-287-4903; donors will be screened for fever and are required to wear masks.
Friday, Dec. 4
Holiday Lighted Parade; 6 p.m. Main Street, Charles City.
Ikes Christmas Tree Sale by the Floyd County Chapter Izaak Walton League, 702 South Main St., 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
Friday, Dec. 25 — Merry Christmas!
COVID-19-RELATED CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES
• Floyd County Medical Center has re-instituted its no-visitors policy in the clinic and hospital, with a few limited exceptions. See full statement HERE.
• Trinity United Methodist Church in Charles City has shut down due to the increase in COVID-19 cases in the area. There will be no live worship or other activities until further notice. Online worship services will continue to be offered on the YouTube channel at trinityCONNECTIONs.
• Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Charles City is canceling weekend Mass through at least Friday, Nov. 20, because of COVID-19 cases in the community and the parish.
• The Charles City Library has canceled Storytime until further notice. Library access is by appointment only – book browsing for 30 minutes and computer use for up to 1 hour. Call 641-257-6319. Lobby pick-up is available.
• Charles City Senior Center Congregate Meals drive-thru only. Meals will be available from noon to 12:15 p.m., Monday through Friday, but must be reserved by the previous Friday at 1 p.m. by calling 641-228-3114 and leaving a message. Enter on the west side of the Senior Center parking lot and pull up to the front doors. Masks mandatory. Price for meals for people under 60 years of age is $8.10. Recommended donation for persons age 60 and older is $4.25 to $6.75. Please have diner card or correct cash ready to pay.
To have your community event information listed, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.